Friday, September 7, 2012

All is Quiet.

The dogs have done nothing naughty of note lately. That concerns me. I wonder what is waiting on the horizon. Surely they will get into some kind of trouble soon.

I have noticed that it does not matter when (before or after eating) I take them for a walk, as soon as they're on the leash for a while they poop.  Seriously. Every. Stinkin'. Time.  What is it about the leash and pooping? GAH! I hate picking that up when we're out walking, but I'm not one of those rude dog owners who just leaves it. Soooo... Holding the leash (they have a coupler), I somehow manage to control two dogs, hold onto my phone, and pick up steaming piles of crap - and double bag it. I don't care if it's wasteful...I'm not going to carry poop in just one thin bag. I feel like that extra bag is an extra layer of protection. If I'm going to be holding a bag as we walk, the contents better be well contained.

Luckily they often poop on the first half of the walk, so that I can toss it in the trash when we pass it. There's a public trash can along our route. I don't just dump it in a random trash along the way. I've been tempted but no worries, I haven't done that.

I suppose I'll enjoy the good behavior of my lovely dog-children for now. I'm sure they'll be up to no good just as soon as they can.

Lots o' woof!

No comments:

Post a Comment